Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Agile Beginnings Workshop
Saturday, November 6, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
Agile Beginnings Workshop
- Are you new to agile and confused about how it could possibly work?
- Are you beginning to understand the concepts and principles, but need to see them in practice?
- Have you heard about agile project management or self-organizing teams and wonder how they are different from what you do today?
- Have you heard about a business person working with the delivery team but can't imagine how they actually work together?
- Do you wonder what a Scrum Master is really the master of? Or what a Product Owner actually owns?
- Are you unsure how to answer that senior manager who wants to know when you will be done?
Then this workshop is for you. Whether you are a project manager, business analyst, developer, tester, architect, product manager, team leader, business manager, quality control analyst, or simply "agile curious" this workshop is your chance to get some hands on experience with agile practices. Come roll up your sleeves and jump into a day of activities, exercises, and interactive discussions that will let you touch and feel agile practices and take them out for a spin.
Learn By Doing
With our guidance, you and your fellow agile travelers will define a project and then travel together as an agile team to organize the work, set priorities, make progress visible and respond to changes; all in keeping with agile principles. Learn to:
Using the Scrum project management framework, we will take you step by step through a project. We will play some games, do some exercises, and learn agile practices and the principles behind them. Come prepared to participate and interact in order to discover your own learning outcomes and how they can best serve you.
|Date:||Saturday - November 6, 2010|
|Time:||9:00am to 4:00pm (Lunch is provided)|
Early Bird - $65 per person
University Center, Bayou City Room (Room 202)
Parking is available in the UH parking garage located off of Calhoun Road or in Lot 1B (see parking information at the link above).
|Travel Guides:||Robbie Mac Iver and members of the APLN Houston Leadership Team|
Thanks to first time event sponsor Vestas for their generous support of APLN Houston.
All workshop materials courtesy of Mac Iver Group, LP.
All proceeds benefit APLN Houston.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available
Contact info@APLNHouston.org today!
When & Where
Agile Leadership Network Houston
Agile Leadership Network Houston promotes the growth of agile practices, shares real world experiences with agility, and provides a networking forum for like-minded professionals.